Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Technology: Good or Bad?
Technology has been advancing exponentially throughout my lifetime. The advent of cell phones and the internet has provided us the convenience of communication, but it has definitely disabled the genuineness of communication as well. As much as I love social media and social networking, I feel like there’s a lost of connection. Facebook provides us with the convenience of “staying connected,” although I haven’t had a face to face conversation with over half of my Facebook friends in quite some while. I believe the unconscious reason I like to go out multiple times a week is not only to get inebriated, but to be social and meet new people. Nothing compares to face to face communication because it’s genuine. A lot of the times my sarcasm doesn’t work on the internet, and I appreciate the immediate reaction to things I say in real life. When I’m traveling across the borders, I have no source of interacting with other people other than face to face communication, and I’ve established amazing friendships that way. The spontaneity of it all makes it more honest. Like Louis C.K. once said in his stand-up, all of this technology has been wasted on the shittiest generation. No matter how hilariously sad that is, I find some truth in it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment